Since 1951, clients have chosen Marcum for our insightful guidance in helping them forge pathways to success, whatever challenges they’re facing. Constant disruption continues to test the Consumer & Retail industry—presenting new opportunities while challenging norms—faster than many companies can keep pace. Offering a comprehensive suite of assurance, tax, technology and advisory services, BDO provides both strategic direction and execution to enable retailers to adapt, pivot and sustain growth. From liquidity issues to evolving customer preferences to the shift to sustainability, we can help. As a consumer products distributor and/or retailer, you rely on efficiency, quality control, and availability for your products. Our dedicated industry team can assist your business with the challenging times and changing technologies that lie ahead for consumer products and retail businesses.
- On top of the financial and operational difficulties most businesses face, retailers must contend with a variety of industry-specific challenges—including increased competition and the continued rise of e-commerce.
- Through our experience with financial statement audits, we have created efficiencies in your audit process.
- Tune in to hear why Ross Forman, Managing Director in the Workplace Operations & Strategy Group at BDO USA, is keeping a close eye on these troubling trends.
- We help you right from the setting up of your trading operations, to maximizing your profits.
- Business leaders in retail and consumer products confront many challenges today — from the innovation needs and risk of an online presence to assessing new markets to more effectively leveraging customer data.
BDO provides audit, tax and advisory services to traditional retail, consumer product and e-commerce companies, ranging from emerging businesses to multinational Fortune 500 corporations. How people shop has changed drastically in the last decade with the proliferation of smart phones and e-commerce sites. While businesses in the retail and consumer products industries were adapting, the COVID-19 pandemic brought on even more shopping trend changes seemingly overnight — forcing those in the industry to quickly adapt or become extinct. After a period of rapid, creative pivots and changing business models, many retail companies are left with open-ended questions in unchartered waters. Whether you are looking for a franchise tax expert, retail accounting services or e-commerce auditors, our business advisors can assist.
The path to quality loyalty programs begins with adopting the right analytics – looking deeper into customer purchase patterns to uncover true trends. Energy companies can get ahead with fiscal discipline, ESG disclosure preparation and attention to cybersecurity, 2022 Energy Symposium speakers say. Whether you want to reduce reliance on one location, optimize and move your current locations, address shrinking operating margins, improve agility or support growth, BDO can help you achieve those goals. Tune into this episode to hear what David Berliner, Partner & National Leader of Business Restructuring at BDO USA, thinks is in store for the industry as we move full steam ahead into 2023. Consumers’ concerns about inflation and the wider macroeconomic climate have realigned shopping habits.
- Internal accounting departments may be focused on complying with the tax changes in South Dakota vs Wayfair , but there are also financial reporting considerations that come into play with sales and use taxes.
- TURNAROUND AND RESTRUCTURING SERVICES. We address the necessary changes in cash and liquidity management, debt finance or insolvency to help our clients emerge as viable, competitive participants in the industry.
- A retailer undergoing an enterprise resource planning system upgrade needed to know the impact of adopting the new revenue recognition standard.
- MHM knows the challenges facing retail and consumer product companies and offers solutions to address your complex operating environment.
- Consumer Products An Inflation-Proof Recipe for Revenue Growth Management We helped a global food company look beyond price to improve profitability.
PKF O’Connor Davies LLP and PKF O’Connor Davies Advisory LLC practice in an alternative practice structure in accordance with the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct and applicable law, regulations and professional standards. PKF O’Connor Davies LLP is a licensed independent CPA firm that provides attest services to its clients and PKF O’Connor Davies Advisory LLC and its subsidiary entities provide tax and business advisory services to their clients. PKF O’Connor Davies Advisory LLC and its subsidiary entities are not licensed CPA firms.
MORE Industries SERVICES
PKF O’Connor Davies is the lead North American representative of the international association of PKF member firms. PKF International is a network of legally independent member firms providing accounting, tax and business advisory services in more than 400 locations in 150 countries around the world. We provide services for the portfolio companies of many of the industry’s significant private equity firms, including platform services across multiple investments. Our deep relationships within the private equity community provide our clients with access to transaction expertise and potential capital. As knowledgeable advisors to businesses in the retail sector, we provide critical business and advisory support that helps our clients overcome challenges and thrive.
DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL (also referred to as “Deloitte Global”) does not provide services to clients. In the United States, Deloitte refers to one or more of the US member firms https://www.icsid.org/business/managing-cash-flow-in-construction-tips-from-accounting-professionals/ of DTTL, their related entities that operate using the “Deloitte” name in the United States and their respective affiliates. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
The current retail landscape presents challenges to both the retailer and their supplier, however with challenges to both the retailer and their supplier, however with challenges come opportunities. In each of these areas, our dedicated specialists have a deep understanding retail accounting of operations, manufacturing, distribution, licensing, marketing and technology. We’ve helped assess opportunity and risk, advised on how to attract new target segments in an impulsive consumer-driven market – and how to capitalize on technology and social media.
That’s where our dedicated Consumer Products Group comes in to help you implement innovative strategies to improve profitability, create effective compliance policies, and negotiate and structure deals that benefit your business. In this point of view, we explore the critical signals of change for global retail. Environmental, social and governance transparency is playing an increasingly important role in organizations’ ability to gain access to capital, attract and retain employees, and compete in the marketplace. COVID-19 has caused PE firms to adjust their valuation practices – postponing valuations to avoid reset triggers, exploring new approaches to valuations or diversifying existing ones. Everything we do is rooted in our core purpose to help people thrive every day. It’s not only the right business thing to do; it’s the right human thing to do.
We identify consumer growth opportunities
FORVIS’ retail-focused pros aim to provide an Unmatched Client Experience™ so that you may do the same. Short, medium, and long-term strategies exist to help counter labor shortages in hospitality and related industries. Despite those pressures, the list of leading CP companies has remained remarkably stable, a testament to the advantages of scale. By reshaping their portfolios, revamping their go-to-market models and pursuing operational efficiencies, scale leaders have managed to remain on top—for now.